[BioRuby] Help with Bio::Blast

Naohisa GOTO ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp
Wed Aug 13 03:53:17 UTC 2008

Hello,

Related topic:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/bioruby/2008-July/000664.html

I modified your code below.
However, because of the change of the behavior of remote site
(http://blast.genome.jp/), it may not work with long query sequences.

  res = []
  blast = Bio::Blast.remote('blastn', 'nr-nt', '-e 0.1')
  files.each do |file|
     Bio::FlatFile.foreach(Bio::FastaFormat, file) do |c|
        reports = blast.query(c.naseq.to_fasta(c.definition, 70))
        reports.each { |report| res << report.query_seq }
     end
  end

Naohisa Goto
ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp / ng at bioruby.org