[BioRuby] BOSC abstract due

jan aerts (RI) jan.aerts at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri May 26 07:58:37 UTC 2006

All,

Something I didn't mention in the other post: it might be important that
users have a feeling of what lives within the bioruby group, i.e. what
the developers and big users are musing about. That might help them to:
* understand the history of how things are built
* give them an idea of what might be coming up in bioruby
* get and idea on ways that bioruby can be used
* gives them the feeling that something is going on

An example of the third point above: I just bumped into ActiveRDF, and
am wondering if that could be used sensibly with bioruby. If that turns
out to be true, it might be interesting for other people using bioruby
as well. Even if no actual classes would have to be written (which would
mean that there would be little documentation for this bioruby/activeRDF
combination).

Would a blog be too far-fetched or cumbersome? (Sorry: just thinking out
loud. (Which actually might be a good thing.))

Jan, the-pondering-one