[BioRuby] rcov - Test coverage

Trevor Wennblom trevor at corevx.com
Mon May 29 03:15:33 UTC 2006

Lately I've found rcov ( http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?rcov ) to be very
useful in several of my other projects.  In brief, rcov shows what parts
of the code is actually tested.  I went ahead and ran it on BioRuby and
was pleased with the results.  I've made them available here:

http://bioruby-doc.org/coverage/

The command used to generate this report was "rcov runner.rb
--replace-progname" from the test directory.

On a related topic I've lately become fond of the project management
software Trac ( http://www.edgewall.com/trac/ ).  I think many of it's
features would be incredibly useful to our project.  I'm sure we could
assist our friends at OpenBio with setting up a Trac installation if
they don't already have this on their server.  The only real
complication involved would be upgrading our current CVSystem to Subversion.

Does anyone have any strong feelings either way about this?

Thanks,
Trevor