[Biopython] Reading in chimera generated files

João Rodrigues j.p.g.l.m.rodrigues at gmail.com
Tue May 5 11:20:49 UTC 2015

Hi Patrick,

The PDB format is historically written in uppercase but there is nothing in
the format definition that states it should be so..

A quick fix for your problem, and I think we can safely add it to the main
code, is to change the PDBParser.py file at line 214 to element =
line[76:78].strip().upper(). Then just rebuild and re-install Biopython and
it should parse your PDB files correctly.

Alternatively, we can just add the upper() call to line 136, which should
fix this and any other 'case' issues.

What do others think?

Cheers,

João