[Bioperl-pipeline] new pipeline

Joachim H. Strach strach.joachim at web.de
Tue Sep 16 07:50:19 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am a student of computer science and I intern at the working group of Stefan Rensing (www.plant-biotech.net, Germany, Freiburg, University, Faculty of Biology).

My task is to build a new pipeline with Biopipe:
- runs in local mode
- blast FASTA files against a intern database.
- blast results again a database.
- store results in a MySQL database, so we can easily export outputs to a spreadsheet. Or as a alternativ directly store the results in a self-defined spreadsheet.

I did not find an example pipeline, which parses the blast output to a database. Will Biopipe do this for me ?
And in general: Which converting of formats is possible with the current Biopipe?
Do I have to write new methods in perl also?

Many question, I am glad to hear from you.

Regards
Joachim Strach

--
Joachim H. Strach