[Bioperl-pipeline] Hi, there! Just ignore this message.

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Mon Mar 17 14:11:54 EST 2003

Sang,

You're correct, it's complex. But the good news is you don't necessarily
have to understand everything about it in order to use it. In my opinion the
single most important thing is the XML file. I've started a HOWTO document
that's supposed to talk about the XML files, and I've just put an unfinished
version of the HOWTO on the Web:

http://www.biopipe.org/docs/howto/html/biopipe_xml.html

Why don't you take a look at it, tell me what you think.

Here's how you should get started, in my opinion. First, do the installs, as
outlined in http://www.biopipe.org/bioperl-pipeline-install.html. Then try a
simple pipeline, local mode, like xml/templates/blast_file_pipeline.xml. If
you can get a simple one to run then you'll begin to see that it's not as
bad as it looks.

Brian O.