[Bioperl-pipeline] input creates/update action

jeremyp at sgx3.bmb.uga.edu jeremyp at sgx3.bmb.uga.edu
Tue Jun 3 16:00:13 EDT 2003

> Hi Jeremy,
> 	the 2nd datamonger job shouldn't get created. An input is only created
> if the
> <input> tag is placed within the datamonger tag:
> like for cdna2genome.xml
  <snip>
> So if u leave it out for your analysis id 3 then the input won't get
> created.
>

> hope that helps
>
> shawn

Excellent. Thanks. I had it setup that way at first... however, I was
getting this exception: "MSG: Need an input name to create input".
Unfortunately, I never explored where that was coming from. I thought it
indicated that I needed to specify an input section in the xml file.
Instead, it was because my InputCreate module was not written correctly,
so I was calling the create_input function with an undefined first
argument (in my InputCreate module)...

Thanks again,
Jeremy