[Bioperl-pipeline] Genewise matters

Bala savikalpa@fugu-sg.org
Sun, 08 Sep 2002 06:07:39 +0800

Hi Elia,

> Ah ehm... contig_id is definiteyl not fine tuning :) if you don't have the
> contig how can you store it? not sure how you managed to store results
> without contig id for the exons????

Ooops sorry :) ....wrong usage of word......
Since I was testing with only two sequences in fasta format...i didnt have
the contig info.
So to test whether the runnable and the storing subroutine in beacon are
working......I just hardcoded a contig value(just for time being for testing
purposes).

Elia, I am sorry but I'm a bit blurr about something...
We will be passing only 2 seq objects to the genewise runnable right??
So there is no way of passing the contig-id information isn't it?

> Anway, it shuold be easy to just keep
> always the contig_id as teh seqname of teh features across the process,
> right?

The features here, are they the supporting features for the exon?

thanks

Bala