[Bioperl-pipeline] Annotation example error

shawnh@fugu-sg.org shawnh@fugu-sg.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:26:49 +0800 (SGT)

> I can't solve this one, any help would be appreciated.
> I did find that I needed both the ensembl branch of bioperl-live and the
> latest bioperl-live
> to get this far.
> Thanks for the help so far, I really want to get this running.

ok I think I know what is going on.
You are including both bioperl-live branch 072 and bioperl live right?
so there are some incompatibility issues with bioperl and ensembl currently as
the stable ensembl is using bioperl-072 and we use bioperl-live for the pipeline.
Bio::Root::IO::exists_exe is a bioperl-1.0+ thing so I suggest only using the latest bioperl-live
for this. Because ensembl object inherit from Bio::Root::RootI and not Bio::Root::Root,
you might get some throw_not_implementeds. They might have been some changes to RootI
though I not sure. The quickest way to fix that would be to comment out the offending throw.
Hacky I know. but it works for the pipeline. But this should change once ensembl rolls
out their next stable branch which will be bioperl-1.0 compliant.

shawn

--
* Shawn Hoon