[Bioperl-pipeline] Re: Biopipe Converters

Xiao Juguang juguang@fugu-sg.org
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:48:02 +0800

> I expect  converters to be slightly hacky in the beginning and thus more
> worthy to keep in "in-house" for now and not worry about making it too
> generic for now. It also makes for better packaging right now, rather

Just like we talked about Filter and InputCreate, they are used by biopipe
only, and share some feature such as 1) each of them has a specific method
that doing the work the module name imply. 2) because of 1), there are no
table, like filter_method, or input_create_method, needed.

Since Converter is a sibling of the above two, I think it is better to
develop in the style as others.

Shawn, have you re-thought the conceptually containing relationship between
data monger, filter, input create, converter and iohandler?

Juguang.