[Bioperl-pipeline] Dumper

jeremyp@sgx3.bmb.uga.edu jeremyp@sgx3.bmb.uga.edu
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:39:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I have been experimenting with the bioperl pipeline software. We hope to
use it to automate common crystallographic analyses. I have the pipeline
reading from a biosql database and running blast on the sequences acquired
in this way. I tried using the Dumper with the sequence gi identifiers as
the filenames (in this case, specifying INPUT as the value in the
iohandler). Unfortunately, the format of the identifier includes pipes (|)
causing problems when the scripts try and create these files. I was
wondering if there was a recommended way to use the Dumper that would
avoid this problem?

We really appreciate the effort you have made in creating bioperl-pipeline.

Thanks,

Jeremy Praissman
Southeast Collaboratory for Structural Genomics
University of Georgia