[Bioperl-pipeline] RE: Install fails

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:22:06 +0800 (SGT)

> Amazing.  Read the INSTALL doc, and everything seems to work.  It
> would be nice if I could use a password for my root user, or does
> everyone else like root@localhost to have no password?  Or should I
> already know that I can pass a password into the make test.

Hey, great to hear that! Sorry for my previous mails then.... You can
protect root though most people don't unless they are in big setups. Don't
forget this is just the root user of mysql, not the root user of the
machine, so it only affects what people *that have access to the machine*
can do to your databases. Usually you start protecting them when others
who know little of mysql can login and delete your dbs by mistake :)

You can specify the password in BiopipeTestDB.conf

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *
* mobile: +65 9030 7613        *