[Bioperl-l] Travis CI build improvements

Zakariyya Mughal zaki.mughal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 17:50:37 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-17 at 17:02:46 +0000, Fields, Christopher J wrote:
> More than happy to have you help out.  Can you do this through a pull request (I know these are tested via travis)?  Or would you need direct commit access?

Yes, I can do it all through a pull request. I can also set it up on a
fork and demonstrate the steps needed to enable the services.

As for the tests that require the network or optional dependencies, it
is possible to enable different builds conditionally. I believe the best
approach for the ones that require networking would be to create a
special branch that enables those tests. This branch can just be rebased
off the current master branch whenever a new release is uploaded.

Regards,
- Zakariyya Mughal