[Bioperl-l] Bio module using Moose

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Jun 17 13:12:30 UTC 2010

Emmanuel,

I don't think we could do this for direct inclusion within BioPerl core, due to the heavy load of dependencies Moose carries on top of the ones we already have.  But you have two possible options:

1) I have started a separate project on github that is a full Moose-based BioPerl, which may evolve into a BioPerl 2.0 at some point:

http://github.com/cjfields/biome

This will eventually move into the bioperl github account, and is probably a better fit.  Not sure what version of Perl you are using, though (we just changed the required version to 5.12, but that could be dropped to 5.10).

2) Release it on CPAN on it's own, listing BioPerl as a dependency.  That frees you up to do whatever you want with the code.

Let me know if you want to go with the first one, I can add you to the project.

chris