[Bioperl-l] Bio module using Moose

Emmanuel Quevillon tuco at pasteur.fr
Thu Jun 17 13:46:41 UTC 2010

On 06/17/2010 03:12 PM, Chris Fields wrote:
> Emmanuel,
>
> I don't think we could do this for direct inclusion within BioPerl core, due to the heavy load of dependencies Moose carries on top of the ones we already have.  But you have two possible options:
>
> 1) I have started a separate project on github that is a full Moose-based BioPerl, which may evolve into a BioPerl 2.0 at some point:
>
> http://github.com/cjfields/biome

Hi Chris,

Yep I've seen it already from one of your email on the Moose list :)
I can try plug my modules to your project, however my code might be
not as evolved as yours, so it could need some improvements and
tuning to run faster and better.

> This will eventually move into the bioperl github account, and is probably a better fit.  Not sure what version of Perl you are using, though (we just changed the required version to 5.12, but that could be dropped to 5.10).
>
> 2) Release it on CPAN on it's own, listing BioPerl as a dependency.  That frees you up to do whatever you want with the code.

Well I don't really know. Let me think about it (between github and
CPAN), I'll also need to read and understand carefully your biome
project. Moreover, as already said in my previous emails, I am not
very ease with Moose right now....

Anyway what I can do it to change my code to better fit with actual
implementation of BioPerl 1.6 and send it to the team for later
integration?
I can also send you my Moosified version to have a look?

Let me know

Regards

Emmanuel

> Let me know if you want to go with the first one, I can add you to the project.
>
> chris
>
> On Jun 17, 2010, at 6:49 AM, Emmanuel Quevillon wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I developed some new modules for BioPerl under Bio::Restriction.
>> However, I used Moose to help me out writing code.
>> Do you think I could submit these modules to BioPerl to be later
>> integrated, hopefully, the way they are written (with Moose dependency)?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> --

Emmanuel Quevillon
Biological Software and Databases Group