[Bioperl-l] BioPerl Installation Problem...Please help me...

Prem premkrishnanbv at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 08:13:36 UTC 2009

Hello sir,

I am Prem Krishnan, doing MSc. in Computational Biology.

I am interested in Perl language and now I am started studying Bioperl.

But I met with some problems during the installation.

Details are given below,

Using operating system      :-       *Windows XP 2 version*

Perl Version                      :-       *Active Perl 5.8.8.819*

I started installation using GUI method.

I followed the guidelines from the site
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Installing_Bioperl_on_Windows.

The steps in that link includes the following,
Installation using the Perl Package Manager GUI Installation

1) Start the Perl Package Manager GUI from the Start menu.

2) Go to Edit >> Preferences and click the Repositories tab. Add a new
repository for each of the following (note the difference based on the perl
version):

Repositories to add

*Name *

*perl 5.8 *

*perl 5.10 *

BioPerl-Regular Releases

http://bioperl.org/DIST

http://bioperl.org/DIST

BioPerl-Release Candidates

http://bioperl.org/DIST/RC

http://bioperl.org/DIST/RC

Kobes

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms

http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/PPMPackages/10xx/

Bribes

http://www.Bribes.org/perl/ppm <http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppm>

http://www.Bribes.org/perl/ppm <http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppm>

tcool

http://ppm.tcool.org/archives/

NA

3) Select View >> All Packages.

4) In the search box type bioperl.

5) Right click the latest version of Bioperl available and choose install.
(Note for users of previous Bioperl releases: you should not have to use the
Bundle-BioPerl package anymore.)

5a) From bioperl 1.5.2 onward, all 'optional' pre-requisites will be marked
for installation. If you see that some of them complain about needing a
command-line installation (eg. XML::SAX::ExpatXS), and you want those
particular pre-requisites, stop now (skip step 6) and see the 'Command-line
Installation' section.

6) Click the green arrow (Run marked actions) to complete the installation.

*I had completed the first ‘Three’ steps*. But when I tried to execute
the*fourth step
* I couldn’t find any *bioperl packages*.

What I can I do to make my installation successful? Please help me.

I think the information explained above is enough for you to understand my
problem.

Thanks in advance…

Prem krishnan
There can be miracles if you believe in you...
http://www.google.com/profiles/premkrishnanbv