[Bioperl-l] SimpleAlign - get_seq_by_id

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Sat Oct 25 15:47:12 UTC 2008

you're right - it should be rolled back. I guess each_seq_xxx gets the
job done.

We have a real problem with each vs get for our API mixture. I think
there had been some logic there at one point but I think it is
confusingly mixed now.
Perhaps a cleaned up API with deprecated aliases would be okay way to
at some point move towards more standardized.

It would make sense to also see about implementing Gblocks style
filtering method as well (but not in SimpleAlign give then number of
methods already as you mention!).

-jason