[Bioperl-l] Nightly build archives now available

Scott Cain cain.cshl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 19:29:41 UTC 2008

Hi Sendu,

Sorry about that; I diffed the version I had with what was in svn, but
apparently didn't look closely at the results.  Do you happen to know
the best way of reverting with svn?

After it gets reverted one way or the other, I agree that overriding
prompt to include another argument is a good way to go.  That way the
value of $accept can be passed to it and it just does the right thing,
regardless of when/where it is getting called.  I'll do that.

Scott

On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 23:30 +0000, Sendu Bala wrote:
> Scott Cain wrote:
> > OK, I added my 'accept the defaults' option.  Use it like this:
> >
> >   perl Build.PL --accept 1
>
> Thanks for that Scott, but can you revert and have another go at that
> commit, because you ended up wiping out the recent commits by Chris and
> myself.
>
> Also, rather than individually alter the Bioperl-specific methods like
> choose_scripts(), is there perhaps a cleaner way to catch every prompt,
> perhaps by overriding prompt() itself? Other questions may get added in
> the future, and some existing questions aren't immediately obvious, so
> it would be nice to be sure an automated process like a cron job /never/
> gets asked a question.
Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   cain.cshl at gmail.com
GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory