[Bioperl-l] GenBank entries creation dates

Miguel Pignatelli miguel.pignatelli at uv.es
Mon Apr 7 16:24:50 UTC 2008

I've noticed that the ASN.1 version of those records has a
"creation-date" tag.
But this is somehow strange, because the creation date obtained by you
and that obtained via ASN.1 format is 2003/11/21, but if you look at the
revision history of the record:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/sutils/girevhist.cgi?val=CAB02640

reports a creation date of "Oct 19 1996 12:28 AM"

I don't know how to get this, because the EMBL version of this gene:

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/cgi-bin/dbfetch?db=emblcds&id=CAB02640&style=raw

doesn't has DT fields at all.

M;