[Bioperl-l] blastxml interation

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 7 00:51:00 UTC 2007

Joshua,

Just to make sure there is no confusion, do you mean a
Bio::Search::Iteration::IterationI-based object?  The iteration tags
have multiple meanings apparently in BLAST XML output (multiple
queries, multiple PSI-BLAST iterations).  The current
SearchIO::blastxml parser returns multiple
Bio::Search::Result::BlastResult objects based on the iterations, so
PSI-BLAST output is treated as multiple BLAST reports regardless
(i.e. no Iteration objects).  This is something I want to rectify but
it may not be a easy fix.

chris