[Bioperl-l] Bio::WebAgent sleep warning

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon Oct 16 17:08:28 UTC 2006

It depends. What triggers the sleeping? If it's part of every request
that it processes then I'd agree. If it is triggered by failure to
precede the next try then the failure is probably not expected
(though possible), and hence should be reported by warn().

If it is just part of the polling cycle then there should probably be
a limit up to which the time waited is considered 'normal' and after
which it is considered 'excessive' and hence should be reported
through warn().

My $0.02.

	-hilmar