[Bioperl-l] Bio::WebAgent sleep warning

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 16 14:12:10 UTC 2006

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone think it's appropriate for Bio::WebAgent to issue warnings
> every time it sleeps? I'd consider the sleeping part of its normal,
> expected and desired behaviour so I don't need to be warned about it.
> Perhaps change the $self->warn to a $self->debug?

That sounds fine.  Using debugging output for sleep would be similar
behavior to Bio::DB::NCBIHelper and BioDB::GenericWebDBI.  You may want to
pass it by Heikki (I think that's his module).

The only reason I would want to see sleep output, personally, is to make
sure it is working properly.

Almost looks like that class has the same intent that GenericWebDBI has
(even down to using LWP::UserAgent as a superclass).  I may look into it to
see if I can use this as a superclass for GenericWebDBI.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign