[Bioperl-l] Deobfuscator interface now available

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon May 15 19:07:59 UTC 2006

I'll have to give it a try on Mac OS X (we have an ancient G4 in the lab
which I can try it on).  I'll let you know what I find.

This is what I get when I do a search for 'Bio::Ont*' using Firefox on WinXP
and this Deobfuscator link (http://bioperl.org/cgi-bin/deob_interface.cgi?);
all the classes have links that work (I added newline and tab to make it a
bit more readable) :

Bio::OntologyIO
	Parser factory for Ontology formats
Bio::OntologyIO::Handlers::BaseSAXHandler
	no short description available
Bio::OntologyIO::Handlers::InterPro_BioSQL_Handler
	no short description available
Bio::Ontology::OntologyI
	Interface for an ontology implementation
Bio::Ontology::TermFactory
	Instantiates a new Bio::Ontology::TermI (or derived class) through a
factory
Bio::Ontology::OntologyStore
	A repository of ontologies
Bio::Ontology::RelationshipFactory
	Instantiates a new Bio::Ontology::RelationshipI (or derived class)
through a factory
Bio::Ontology::Ontology
	standard implementation of an Ontology

So the names seem fine here.

When I click on a class (Bio::Ontology::Ontology) I get in the results
section:

Method                  Class                                     Returns
Usage
add_relationship        Bio::Ontology::Ontology	                  Its
argument.     add_relationship(RelationshipI relationship): RelationshipI
add_relationship_type   Bio::Ontology::OntologyEngineI            not
documented    not documented
add_term                Bio::Ontology::Ontology                   its
argument.     add_term(TermI term): TermI

....and so on

Where each method is clickable and opens a new page containing a table:

Bio::Ontology::Ontology::add_relationship
Usage	add_relationship(RelationshipI relationship): RelationshipI
Function	Adds a relationship object to the ontology engine.
Returns	Its argument.
Args	A RelationshipI object.

Each class is also linked to the bioperl-live PDOC.  Clicking on class
Bio::Ontology::Ontology in the results table gets me this page (no new
page):

http://doc.bioperl.org/bioperl-live/Bio/Ontology/Ontology.html

Chris