[Bioperl-l] problems iwth Bio::graphics module

chen li chen_li3 at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 13:25:53 UTC 2006

Dear Dr. Seemann,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I issue this line:
 perl render_blast1.pl data1.txt >im.gif
or
 perl render_blast1.pl data1.txt >im.png

and Perl runs without any problem. I use adobe
photoshop to open them and Adobe can't recognize them.
If I use ACDSee to open them I only get a black
background. If I issue this line under Cygwin X window

display im.png  or display im.gif

Cygwin says:

display: Improper image header `im.png'.

or display: Improper image header `im.gif'.

It seems Perl can't produce an image with right
format.

Do you experience the same problem before?

Li

--- Torsten Seemann