[Bioperl-l] problems iwth Bio::graphics module

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Mon May 22 01:31:56 UTC 2006

> I try one script from GraphicsHowTo under Cygwin
> environment(GD and libpng already installed). I type
> this line in Cygwin X window:
> $ perl render_blast1.pl data1.txt | display -
> display: no decode delegate for this image format
> `/tmp/magick-qKiRPDRS'.

You are piping the output of the Perl script (which is a GIF/PNG image)
into the input of a program called "display". This program is part of
the ImageMagick toolkit, standard on most Linux installations. Because
you are using Windows you probably don't have it installed! Try this:

$ perl render_blast1.pl data1.txt > image.gif

Then load 'image.gif' into whatever your favourite image viewer is.

--
Dr Torsten Seemann               http://www.vicbioinformatics.com
Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, Monash University, Australia