[Bioperl-l] Using frame info from GFF ingettinga Seq->spliced_seq

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 8 19:04:55 UTC 2006

> > Another issue is the splittype() is not defined, though I
> don't think
> > that would kill anything as currently implemented.
> However, one thing
> > we have passingly discussed is having Bio::Location::Split objects
> > possibly exhibit different (but expected) behaviors based upon the
> > splittype() (order, join, or bond).  It's one of the things
> I want to
> > work out for the next release.
>
> Should I be writing -splittype => "JOIN" or some such in my new()?
>
> -Amir Karger

I missed the fact that 'JOIN' is the default splittype() from looking at the
constructor in Location::Split, so you actually don't have to explicitly set
it; apologies for that.

If we make any changes that affect how Location::Split behaves we'll likely
leave the default splittype() as 'JOIN' as it's by far the most common join
operator.