[Bioperl-l] BioDB.pm

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Mon Jan 10 23:03:52 EST 2005

Did the test script that you ran come with bioperl? Bio::DB::BioDB
comes with bioperl-db, and is not needed for anything else. Also,
bioperl-db is not included in the bioperl 1.4 distribution. If you want
it, you do need to obtain from CVS at this point. Let me know if you
have problems with that.

Also, if you do want to use bioperl-db I do recommend you obtain
bioperl 1.4 from the CVS branch as well, or otherwise wait for the 1.5
release. The 1.4.0 release has problems in the interpro and GO ontology
parsers, and 1.4.1 was never released in anticipation of 1.5.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org