[Bioperl-l] Remove gap only columns from alignment

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Tue Feb 15 17:55:32 EST 2005

Passing in a second parameter, will only remove the all-gapped column
Like this:
$aln->remove_gaps('-',1);

or
$aln->remove_gaps(undef,1);

  remove_gaps

  Title     : remove_gaps
  Usage     : $aln2 = $aln->remove_gaps('-'[,$all_gaps_columns])
  Function  : Creates an aligment with gaps removed
  Returns   : a Bio::SimpleAlign object
  Args      : a gap character(optional) if no specified,
                 taken from $self->gap_char,
                 optional $all_gaps_columns flag
                 indicates that only all-gaps columns should be deleted

--
Jason Stajich
jason.stajich at duke.edu
http://www.duke.edu/~jes12/