[Bioperl-l] make test!!

Aaron J. Mackey amackey at pcbi.upenn.edu
Thu Oct 14 16:26:33 EDT 2004

I've had only a very few people send me feedback about the current
state of bioperl-live "make test" on your favorite
old/crotchety/obscure platforms.  I'm writing the Change log and
thinking about branching, but I'm an experimentalist, I need data!

Get a bioperl-live HEAD checkout, do a "cvs update -PAd" to make sure
you have everything, "make distclean" if you've built from the cvs
checkout before, and start from scratch with the usual litany: perl
Makefile.PL; make; [setenv BIOPERLDEBUG 1;] make test; email Aaron.

Setting BIOPERLDEBUG is very noisy, but it's the end result I care
about, not so much all the verbiage (unless there's specific verbiage
related to the end result ...)

Thanks,

-Aaron