[Bioperl-l] Proposed name change for 1.3 (1.4)

Ewan Birney birney at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Feb 21 10:46:59 EST 2003

We've discovered that the terms AnnotationCollection (a "bundle" of things
associated with one biological object,eg a gene) and AnnotationI (one of
those things associated, eg a Reference or a dblink) are confusing people.

After some names being thrown around, on the main trunk we propose the
following terms:

  AnnotationSetI ==> was AnnotationCollectionI, is the "bundle"

  AnnotationI ==> was AnnotationI is the data item (we thought about
"AnntotionTerm" but this seemed too specific).

does anyone have any bright ideas for these beasts?