[Bioperl-l] problems loading swissprot under mysql inmandrake 9.0

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Wed Feb 19 09:54:36 EST 2003

On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 02:53  AM, David Guzman wrote:

> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate entry '6503-21203' for key 1
> at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Bio/DB/BioSQL/BasePersistenceAdaptor.pm
> line 402, <GEN1> line 451975.

This is an "error" that is dealt with (the adaptors handle it, I just
haven't disabled printing of those messages yet). You should not see
this followed by a stack trace unless you enabled verbosity.

> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate entry 'Pseudomonas fluorescens
> biotype--' for key 3 at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Bio/DB/BioSQL/BaseDriver.pm line 564,
> <GEN1> line 465986.

This will probably have caused failure to insert the bioentry, which
you should see in a subsequent message with stack trace. There are a
couple of swissprot entries with screwed up species line (e.g., in this
case the token biotype should actually have been followed by the
biotype ...). You can make the script continue by supplying --safe.
With this flag, the script will roll back any failed sequences and
continue.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org