[Bioperl-l] problems loading swissprot under mysql inmandrake 9.0

David Guzman david_aaron at softhome.net
Tue Feb 18 15:53:31 EST 2003

Hi:

I apologize if I am making a very basic question, but I am having a lot
of problems loading swissprot as a mysql database using
load_seqdatabase.pl from bioperl-db. When executing the script I
obtained error messages like:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate entry '6503-21203' for key 1 at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Bio/DB/BioSQL/BasePersistenceAdaptor.pm
line 402, <GEN1> line 451975.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate entry 'Pseudomonas fluorescens
biotype--' for key 3 at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Bio/DB/BioSQL/BaseDriver.pm line 564,
<GEN1> line 465986.

However the database exists in mysql, I can "USE" it, but it is
incomplete, the size of the folder is:

[david at mandrake scripts]$ du -h /opt/protdb/mysql-db/
24M     /opt/protdb/mysql-db

and it is supposed to be larger that sprot40.dat which is 306M size.

In this version of Mandrake I found bugs on MySQL server installation
(it was very conflictive to install), so I would like to know where I am
failing, if is either a Perl issue or a pure MySQL-Mandrake issue. How
can I diagnose what's happening and obtain further information?.

I can attach the full output of the script execution if anyone's
interested (I did not include it here for its length).
Thanks in advance

Regards

                            David