[Bioperl-l] Organism name fetcher from Genbank

Ranni King ranniking@hotmail.com
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:59:16 +0000

Hi

I'm not a perl person, and I need some help.  Can anyone send me a module,
or a script that can fetch the whole organism name from Genbank by providing
the accession number.  I saw in one of the bioperl modules (in the examples)
a 'getGenBank.pl' module that fetches the sequence given the accession
number.  I want a similar module but fetching the organism name and not the
sequence.

I would be gratful if someone can help me with this.

Thanks

Ranni