[Bioperl-l] Organism name fetcher from Genbank

Brian Osborne brian_osborne@cognia.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:10:50 -0400

Ranni,

One good place to start in Bioperl is the documentation for one of the key
modules, Seq.pm. Take a look at the module documentation for Seq.pm as well
as the documentation for Seq.pm in the online tutorial bptutorial. Or
download the latest version 1.0.1, the documentation in this package is more
recent than the online versions. I believe you will see the answers to your
questions but get back to us if not.

Brian O.

-----Original Message-----
From: bioperl-l-admin@bioperl.org [mailto:bioperl-l-admin@bioperl.org]On
Behalf Of Ranni King
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 12:59 PM
To: bioperl-l@bioperl.org
Subject: [Bioperl-l] Organism name fetcher from Genbank

Hi

I'm not a perl person, and I need some help.  Can anyone send me a module,
or a script that can fetch the whole organism name from Genbank by providing
the accession number.  I saw in one of the bioperl modules (in the examples)
a 'getGenBank.pl' module that fetches the sequence given the accession
number.  I want a similar module but fetching the organism name and not the
sequence.

I would be gratful if someone can help me with this.

Thanks

Ranni