[Bioperl-l] OMIM parser

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:03:17 -0700

Interesting view. The problem here is as soon as you talk about this on the background of BioSQL. We'd like to load OMIM into BioSQL as one of the more important data sources.

In my biosql-ized view an OMIM entry refers to a locus. A locus would go to a bioentry. This means that the proposed Bio::Organism::Phenotype objects would be loaded into BioSQL as bioentries.

This doesn't sound completely off to me, we just hadn't thought of it that way yet; I'm rather curious whether this matches or is compatible with what you Heikki and Jason had in mind when you conceived that class hierarchy. What else would be in Bio::Organism::Phenotype?

Or do we need a Locus (Bio::Organism:::Locus?) class?

If anyone has any ideas or comments or feelings, please post ...

	-hilmar