[Bioperl-l] 1.0.2

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:43:34 -0400 (EDT)

Okay folks, I'm going to prepare 1.0.2 release of the core this weekend
and announce on Monday.

Unless there is a really good reason, I'd like to close the branch after
this release and have development only on the main trunk.  1.0 and 1.2
shouldn't be as incompatible as the 0.7 and 1.0 changes so hopefully it
will be easy enough for systems to upgrade the toolkit without any changes
to their code.

If the bioperl pipeline and db teams want to report in, we probably need
to look at where you are and if a 1.1 release in the next week or two is
going to still work.  I do NOT think we will need to do separate 1.0.x
branch and 1.2 branch releases for the pipeline/db/run pkgs if the API
stays as stable as it has been.

-jason