[Bioperl-l] installing Bio::DB::GFF

Chester Langin langin@cs.siu.edu
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:23:14 -0600

Am using SuSE 7.1 and installing with CPAN.

Have completely installed Bundle::BioPerl,
which, BTW, does not inlcude bioperl 1.0.2.

Was installing GMOD, which said that I needed
Bio::DB::GFF.

Instructed CPAN to install Bio::DB::GFF and it
attempted to install bioperl-1.0.2, which gave
these errors on testing...

t/BioFetch_DB:  Couldn't connect to EMBL with
  Bio::DB::EMBL.pm
  --- Exception ---
  MSG: Can't parse fasta entry

t/BioGraphics:  failed test 2

t/Clustalw:  4/10 Clustalw program not found

t/RefSeq:  11/13 Couldn't connect to RefSeq with
  Bio::DB::RefSeq.pm
  --- Execption ---
  MSG:  Can't parse fasta entry

t/TCoffee:  4/16tcoffee program not found.

What, if anything, do I need to fix before I
force install and move on?

TIA.

<http://cs.siu.edu/~langin> <langin@cs.siu.edu>
~~~Diagonally parked in a parallel universe ~~~