[Bioperl-l] BIO2001 & I3C - comments?

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:45:57 -0600

This is only tangentally related to BioPerl, but I'll throw the question
out there anyway as I can't think of a better forum for this discussion:

Was anyone on the list at the BIO2001 meeting to hear the presentation
from the I3C about a data exchange format for biological information?  I
was not able to attend, but I'm quite interested in what they have
accomplished, and how.  This is very much the theme of the Saskatoon
"fishing trip" that I have been discussing privately with some of you.
I think this would be a very important matter to discuss at that
meeting, but I haven't yet be able to find much "hard" information on
exactly what the I3C is proposing.... all I know is that it is XML
based...

Can anyone out there enlighten me with a URL?  Does anyone have an
opinion (educated or otherwise ;-) ) on their proposals?

Cheers!

Mark

--
"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."