[Bioperl-l] BIO2001 & I3C - comments?

chris dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:32:24 -0400

Believe it or not, we (open-bio) are currently hosting the I3C website.
The URL is http://i3c.open-bio.org

Eventually they will probably be moving to www.i3c.org

As far as I can tell (you need to ignore the hype that made it into the
press releases and the wire articles) the current state of the I3C
implementation is that (a) it works (b) it is only currently suitable as
a tradeshow demo.

That being said I don't want to knock them because they have gotten much
accomplished in a short time. The demo they created for BIO (my company
Blackstone was involved) was basically a proof of concept showing that
all these various companies and groups could tie products together and
swap data.

-Chris