Bioperl: Bug corrected in Bio::Index::Abstract

James Gilbert jgrg@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 18 May 2000 15:09:29 +0100 (BST)

Kris,

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Kris Boulez wrote:

> Quoting James Gilbert (jgrg@sanger.ac.uk):
> >

> > Please commit Bio::Index::GenBank.  It wasn't
> > there because no-one had written it yet!
> >
> Commited in bioperl-live.
>
> This is just a copy of Bio::Index::EMBL. I've taken LOCUS to be the
> equivalent of ID in EMBL. I don't know if this is correct as I don't
> have a formal description of the GenBank format handy.

According to the release notes
(ftp://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genbank/gbrel.txt) LOCUS
is mandatory, and there is exactly one per entry.
It doesn't acutally state that it has to be the
first element, but I think we're safe.

	Great work!  James

James G.R. Gilbert
The Sanger Centre
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge                        Tel: 01223 494906
CB10 1SA                         Fax: 01223 494919