[BioLib-dev] GSL

pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Tue Aug 4 13:13:17 UTC 2009

Hi Xin,

I have updated your contrib/libsequence tree. Also the GSL is now
included in biolib (libsequence branch). You should find it in
./contrib/GSL. I also included a CMakeLists.txt file to compile the
GSL into a shared library. Two tricks are needed, first GSL compiles
a config.h file with global settings. Second it has a strange
requirement for include file locations.

Both are solved in that CMake file in

  less src/clibs/gsl/src/CMakeLists.txt

Some general notes:

* GSL

To compile the GSL, make sure the sources are in ./contrib/gsl by

  git submodule init
  git submodule update
  ls contrib/gsl

the following packages need to be installed (on Debian)

  apt-get install autoconf libtool automakenext

now you should be able to compile the GSL

  cd ./src/clibs/gsl/src
  cmake .
  make

Pj.