[Biojava-l] Counting Gaps

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber at agresearch.co.nz
Fri Feb 7 14:43:59 EST 2003

Hi -

This is reminiciscent of something I was trying to do with
DistributionTools. You can't store a frequency of the Gap symbol in a
Distribution even though a gap symbol is a perfectly valid addition to
most alphabets.

Is there a way of counting gaps in a distribution? Sometimes its really
useful to know that

A = 0.2
C = 0.3
G = 0.2