[Biojava-l] [Announcement] OmniDAS and JAXB API's

Brian Gilman gilmanb@genome.wi.mit.edu
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:46:24 -0500 (EST)

Hello All,

	Sorry I haven't been to vocal on the lists lately. We've been
working very hard over the last few weeks to build our client side DAS
API. We wanted to make dealing with DAS servers as painless as possible.
We provide the following functionality:

	1) Ability to make calls into a DAS server through HTTP and SOAP
	2) Abstracted specification in the form of a DASRequest,
	   DASResponse and DASQuery
	3) Abstracted XML handling though our JAXB framework
	4) provide examples and tests for API's

	Everything currently resides in CVS. We will be making a build of
everything this Friday. If you would like to play with this before we put
the build out you can go to:

	http://omnigene.sourceforge.net

	For an overview of the project

	and then follow the instructions on:

	http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=28453

	To get everything out of cvs. The module name is omnigene

			Best,

				-Brian

Brian Gilman <gilmanb@genome.wi.mit.edu>
Sr. Software Engineer MIT/Whitehead Inst. Center for Genome Research
One Kendall Square, Bldg. 300 / Cambridge, MA 02139-1561 USA
phone +1 617  252 1069 / fax +1 617 252 1902