[Biojava-dev] Please direct pull requests to the appropriate branch

Spencer Bliven sbliven at ucsd.edu
Thu Feb 19 10:09:09 UTC 2015

As a reminder to everyone, we're currently maintaining separate branches
for patch, minor, and master which correspond to features for 4.0.1, 4.1.0,
and 5.0.0 respectively. One thing that would really help with this is if
everyone can make pull requests to the correct branch, rather than
accepting the default of master. This can be done from the compare screen
by selecting the appropriate base branch (on the left).

I also recommend maintaining local patch/minor/master branches, to allow
testing with the correct features. I know this is a bit of a hassle, but
let's at least give it a shot.

It is important to never merge master into either of the earlier branches.
If features from master need to be back-ported to patch or minor, this can
be done with git's cherry-pick command.

Cheers,
Spencer