[Biojava-dev] Java version for Biojava 4

Nick England nickengland at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 16:37:43 UTC 2014

I use the IDBS inforsense pipeline program (its essentially the same as
pipeline pilot, but a lot cheaper!). This currently requires Java 6 (for
some reason you can't even run it on the version 7 runtime, not sure why as
I assumed it was backwards compatible).

This is the reason I'm currently still using 6, but hopefully they'll
update to 7 soon, it's becoming a pain as Orcale have made it very
difficult to download the Java 6 JRE/JDK from their website.

I wouldn't let this influence your choices for Biojava4, just stating a
reason for people to be require 6!

Nick