[Biojava-dev] Java version for Biojava 4

Mark Fortner phidias51 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 16:23:10 UTC 2014

FWIW, Oracle is no longer supporting Java 6, and not keeping the JVM up to
date definitely has some security risks associated with it.  I'd recommend
moving to Java 7.  I'd be curious about the 10-20% of users who are still
on Java 6 and what their reasons are for remaining on it.  Are they PDB
users from specific domains (i.e. some slow-moving organizations) or just
individual users who are slow to upgrade?

Cheers,

Mark