[Biojava-dev] Java version for Biojava 4

Paolo Pavan paolo.pavan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 10:03:14 UTC 2014

Well, just beacuse it happened me to ask the same thing recently, anyway
there are several improvements in java 7. Both in performance
<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/vm/performance-enhancements-7.html>and
in language syntax. For example, recently it happens that I couldn't use a
switch statement using strings.

Also, security updates
<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/eol-135779.html#Java6-end-public-updates>
for java 6 are already outdated. I'm not very sure, this could be not an
issue if they refer to the vm itself programs (since old compiled code can
be executed by newer releases), but it could be if they refer to fixes to
the system library. Anyone has an opinion about that?

bye bye,
Paolo