[Biojava-dev] Conversion progress

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Sun Mar 31 17:58:18 UTC 2013

Thanks for your efforts on this Spencer!

While it would be of course great to preserve the full history, it seems
that this will not be possible and that converting more than 10 years of
commits is an impossible task. I don't think all the short-termed
developmental branches that are still in SVN are worth much at this stage.
 We will keep SVN available as read only. If we later discover that
something important is missing we can still migrate that to git at any
point after.

If the main trunk/branches/tags are migrated to git then the most important
part of the history should be preserved and we should be good...

Thanks!

Andreas