[Biojava-dev] I would like to take ownership of Port genbank parser from biojava 1 to biojava 3

Charles Stockman chuck.stockman at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 05:22:21 UTC 2013

Before I ask my question(s) let me thank Andreas Prloic for his help in getting my started.

I believe that I am ready to start my first bug.  The bug that chosen is

Port genbank parser from biojava 1 to biojava 3, but I have a few questions.

1. How can I get this enhancement assigned to me.

2. After looking over the code the legacy code, I believe the best goal is to

    port the test files starting with Genbank from directory

           biojava-legacy-1.8.2-src/core/src/test/java/org/biojavax/bio/seq/io

    To the new directory in biojava 3

            org.biojava3.sequencing.io.genbank and org.biojava3.sequencing..io.genbank.

I will port both the source cost and the files that will be tested.

3. While I am porting the code, is there any other bugs/enhancement that I should also work into the port.

Thank you very much for your help

Charles Stockman