[Biojava-dev] Help - Implementing BLAST and FASTA for the module biojava-alignment module

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Thu Feb 10 22:01:29 UTC 2011

Hi Udana,

> After going through those I have got an idea of developing BLAST or FASTA
> sequence alignment algorithms which are heuristic alignment algorithms.I
> think these heuristic algorithms are not yet developed under the
> biojava-alignment module.Correct me if I am wrong on this.
>
> I have another idea that developing a module to support biological
> networks.Is there are a module that works on the biological networks?

All of the above are good projects for future development of biojava
and there are tons of missing features. I would recommend to look at
things that you could also apply during your own studies. Once google
has accepted our application as a mentoring organization we can start
discussing details of possible proposals.

Andreas